Friday, May 15, 2009

help for my family

I am feeling a little hopeless lately. My husband has had a drinking problem for most of his life. He is a christian and there has been times when he has been sober..the longes is probably a year.

The reason I feel a little hopeless is because of the things he says sometimes. It's like he doesnt' want to try..says its to hard to be out in the world making a living, there are to many temptations..he said if God wanted he could get us out of this situation..
He has his own home impr0vement business so I dont really know if he is out working or drinking..or both. He hasn't brought home much money and we are behind on all of our bills and the mortgage is at least 3 months behind.

We have 4 kids..the oldest just finished her sophmore year in college..with a 3.95 gpa., she is becoming a loner it seems. Her best friend moved away and her boyfriend and her broke up. My oldest son is 18 and he seems to be lost. He didn't finish his senior year in high school and is supposed to be pursuing his GED but he is not motivated to do that or find a job. My 13yr old son has to go to summer school so he will be advanced to the next grade. My youngest is 11 and he is doing pretty good..just is kind of shy. Please pray for my children too. I feel like from what has been happening they are more angry and frustrated about our lives. They lash out at each other to much.

I went back to work last summer full time, on overnights and it hasn't been easy. I feel cranky from lack of sleep alot but am trying to do my best.

I know we are going through momentary troubles..I know God is there and will never leave us.

God bless

4 comments:

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Kat
( sorry i did not came yesterday to your"place" to pray but today)
Right now i lift you and your family up in prayer....Father God you know Kat and her family you know through what sorm the are going through..
They long to feel you close and your healing and resurrection power dear Lord....
Open there eyes and heart...search there souls and All what's stands in the way dear God what made them stumble and fall take it away father in the name of Jesus.....
We believe in Your son father and we want to follow Him we want His light Lord...no darkness in and around us but LIGHT His LIGHT....
Grant us peace and rest in this World's turmoil!
I pray especially for Kat's kids Lord..safe and protect there hearts..lead them in the way they have to go.This i pray in Jesus name Amen.

Before reading your blog i was encourages by this sister's testimony..she went and is going through a lot.....Maybe it will encourage you.....http://hisstoryinherstory.blogspot.com/

Sita said...

Kat, the facts are:
God is Who He says He is...
God can do what He says He can do...
God is able...
You are who God says you are...
His Word is alive and active in you...
He wants nothing more than to have you come to Him, pour out your heart, your laments, release them all to Him, and just wait for Him...for as long as it takes...He never leaves or forsakes His children...

kat said...

Thank you both for coming in here and showing me some light. It is so awesome to have people pray for us and to go through things together. I am going to continue to have faith, even if my circimstances aren't changing right now.

God bless

Pia said...

Father, may you comfort this family in Jesus' name. i pray for your divine provision to be upon them. thank you, God, because you are our source, our everything. thank you that you are the solution to our problems. lord, thank you for fixing what is broken and providing what is missing in kat's family. in Jesus' name, amen.