Friday, January 30, 2009

joyful always...

Be joyful always; pray continutally;give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ
1 Thessalonians 5:16-17-18

but God, I dont know how to be joyful ALWAYS!
I let little things mess me up..get me off track. I look at my little house and wonder how we are still all fitting in here. There is so many things that need to be fixed around here too.
I think about my job. I dont like leaving the house at night and having to be at work at 10pm. I want to be in my warm bed.
Somedays I just want to complainnnnnnnnn. I want to murmur..I want to be pitiful..
but like Joyce Meyers says, you can either be pitiful or powerful..but you cant be both.

I want to be powerful. I want to be joyful. I should be grateful to have a home and a job, especially in these hard times.
I do see alot of changes in my family and I need to focus on that. I need to look at the little things in a different way. Instead of the negative little things I need to look at the positive little things.

So when things are getting us down..we need to praise Him..He wont leave us as we are. He has way more in store for us. I know I can have joy through all things..no matter what is going on around me..
I can see how far we have come..maybe not in material things but in more important things..joy, peace, and love.

:)


2 comments:

Angela said...

I need to look at the little things in a different way. Instead of the negative little things I need to look at the positive little things.

So when things are getting us down..we need to praise Him..He wont leave us as we are. He has way more in store for us

amen amen amen..POWERFUL!!

VoicingAutism said...

((Katt))

i loved this post, sis. Its one of my favorite verses in the Bible. IT talks soooo much about having an attitude of praise, and like you, sometimes I find it soooo hard (almost impossible) to praise in the middle of storms. Its always AFTER the fact, after I've come unglued that I think differently about the little things AND the big things, too.

But ya know what? NOT giving up...pressing on toward 'the mark', as Paul said, girl that's all part of it too.

So I say kudos to you for pressing on!

love and hugs, sis.
dove